Okay I think y’all know that I am more than excited about Spring! Finally my home and table setting fits the changing season too! I wanted to make a setting that was a little more unqiue and has a vintage flair to it! I love to mix it up! Also I had to say goodbye to the little vintage bunny in the picture, who ever gets him in their March box…his name is Fred. Take good care of him! Ha!
What you need:
- Traditional napkin
- Decorative carrot (I got my at my local Homegoods, the whole package was $14.99)
- Vintage books — These can vary in cost but these are two that I had on hand – extra vintage brownie points if they are Spring themed or children’s books
- Round straw style placemat
- Farmhouse Style napkin or in my case I used tea towels
Get the look:
- Place the placemat at the bottle
- On top of placement place an attractive plate
- Place the vintage book open on the plate
- Top with napkin with carrot tucked inside (Steps to the napkin fold I used below!)
How to tucked carrot fold:
Fold your napkin in half
And half again
Take the top corner and fold diagonally. Do this two more times, tucking the triangles in as you go. Make sure you leave a little showing each time.
Fold the right side of the square behind
Flip the napkin and fold the left side in
And wa-la! Gorgeous! Now just tuck that carrot in and enjoy this setting!